SUBMISSIONS FOR NARRATORS:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Books In Motion Narrator.
Our narrators traditionally have a radio or theater background, are able to create alternate and distinct character voices, and maintain these voices throughout the course of a book. We record in our studios here in Spokane, Washington, though we also utilize narrators with access to their own remote studio.
When auditioning for narration: submit a recording, preferably in mp3 format, that is 5 to 10 minutes in length. Radio spots, industrial voice over work etc. will not suffice to show us your storytelling abilities. Select a book that you enjoy and that has a few different characters. We will be listening for your pacing, your ability to transition from one character to another, and if you are auditioning as a remote (home studio) narrator, we will also be paying attention to the audio quality of the recording that you submit.
Submit your sample recording and contact information to email@example.com. If we feel that your abilities may fit our needs, we will contact you about rates and availability.
SUBMISSIONS FOR AUTHORS:
We accept original manuscripts as well as published books. Please contact Books In Motion by phone 1-(800)-752-3199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of sending the manuscript or book for consideration.
- For manuscripts: We prefer those that have been edited and cleaned. The author should keep a copy, since the submitted document may not be able to be returned. A letter of introduction and a synopsis of the story should be included with the manuscript.
- For published books: Please indicate whether the author owns the rights to the audio and is free to contract directly with Books In Motion, or whether a recording contract would need to be negotiated with a third-party agent or publisher. A letter of introduction and a synopsis of the book content should be included with the book.
- For E-Books: Please email email@example.com in advance of sending the manuscript or book for consideration.
AUTHORS PLEASE NOTE:
- Submissions will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- Our review of the submission may take up to several weeks, before a decision is reached.
- You may contact our Submissions Department at any time during the review process, to inquire status or provide additional information.
- Once our review is completed, you will be contacted and informed of our decision.
- Manuscripts and books that are considered well-suited to audio and that are a good fit with our Books In Motion clientele will be offered a recording/marketing contract. Terms of the contract will be discussed at time of the offer.
MAILING ADDRESS for SUBMISSIONS:
Books In Motion
9922 E. Montgomery - Suite 31
Spokane Valley, WA 99206